This block of convenience stores provided the residents of Regent Park South the only opportunity for shopping within the neighbourhood.
The inconvenience of poor shopping facilities further isolated the community within the urban”attractive spaces” created by the city planners and Architects of the 1950’s.
The Root Burger Restaurant as it stood in the 1960’s. The sign was still visible up until the beginning of January 2011. http://pi.library.yorku.ca/dspace/handle/10315/5818
Peter Dickinson designed this glass enclosure exposing the mechanical plant on the ground floor next to the shopping units.